EVOLUTION Advancement in DVT Prevention
The EVOLUTION is intended to be an easy to use sequential compression system, prescribed by a physician, for use in the home or clinical setting to help prevent the onset of DVT in patients by stimulating blood flow in the extremities (stimulating muscle contractions). This device can be used to:
- Aid in the prevention of DVT
- Enhance blood circulation
- Diminish post-operative pain and swelling
- Reduce wound healing time
- Aid in the treatment and healing of: stasis dermatitis, venous stasis ulcers, arterial and diabetic leg ulcers, chronic venous insufficiency and reduction of edema in the lower limbs.
- Portable, lightweight and tubeless
- Long lasting re-chargeable battery. Up to 10 hours of use on one charge
- 2 Modes: Slow inflation and Step-Up Technology which allows the unit to increase pressure in slower increments
- 2 LCD screens to monitor usage and pressure
- Lowers Risk of Venous Thromboembolism (VTE): PlasmaFlow lowers incidence of VTE after major orthopedic surgery compared to pharmacological prophylaxis. VTE is the leading factor for hospital readmission following major orthopedic surgery and the most common preventable cause of hospital death.
- Provides Possible Alternative to Anticoagulants: PlasmaFlow offers physicians another option to help tailor preventative care to patient risk and provides an alternative for patients contraindicated for anticoagulants.
- Provides Convenient Home Therapy: As hospital stays continue to shorten, PlasmaFlow provides a solution for patients to take home and keep. This allows facilities to offer mechanical DVT prophylaxis for the 2-3 weeks patients need it most, without the hassle of renting or servicing equipment.
- Lowers Total Cost: Bundled payment of care initiatives are driving single payment for an orthopedic episode within 30 days of surgery, including costly DVT readmissions. By reducing DVT-related expenses and potentially reducing costs for anticoagulant regimes or compression device rental programs, PlasmaFlow helps reduce the total cost of the episode.